St Stephen’s 2017 British Garden Party and Fête is just around the corner! We’ve got lots of fun in store for you. Join us on Saturday, May 6th, from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the Church grounds: fun, games, and food for the entire family! Mark your calendars now!
(Contrary to what Facebook may say, no tickets are required! General admission is free, but there is a modest charge for Afternoon tea, and comestibles and potables are available for sale on the green. How much you spend at the Jumble Table or at one of the Wheels of Chance is up to you.)
- John F. Nicoll Pipe Band. The Scots be representin’. The Band is part of our opening ceremonies, and then they’ll play a set or two later in the day.
- Maypole. The Maypole is back! Join in the dancing, and strike a blow against Puritan repression!
- Dr Horn’s Punch & Judy Show. This authentic Punch & Judy show has been a runaway hit in years past. We’re excited to welcome Dr Horn back this year.
- Wheels of Chance. We have two wheels this year! Take a spin to win bottles of wine or spirits—or chocolate, at the “children’s” wheel.
- Flower Show. Creative flower arrangements. This year’s theme will be “The Queen’s 90th Birthday”.
- Windsor Bouncy Castle. What’s there to say? Everyone loves the Bouncy Castle—including the kids who are too large for it.
- Face Painting. Which is scarier? Lions or mimes?
- Handicrafts. Flower Pot painting and Suncatcher painting: why not make something for Mother’s Day?
- Races. Okay, adults can join in these, too. There are Egg Races, Wheelbarrow Races, and Sack Races, for various combinations of participants.
- Afternoon Tea in the Parish Hall. Sandwiches, scones, pastries, and, of course, tea.
- The Barley Mow Pub on the Lawn. Come visit the newly refurbished Pub! The beer selection will be announced shortly.
- Annie’s Specialities. Sausage rolls and Ploughman’s lunches. There’s also American fare (hot dogs (or “snorkers”, as we calls ’em)) and wraps on the other side of the pub.
- Greyhound Rescue League. Sid you realize that greyhounds are that big?
- Portobello Road White Elephant Stall. Only the best jumble will do.
- Flower Arrangement Stall. Pick up some geraniums, or some prêt-à-porter flower arrangements for Mother’s Day.
The 2007 British Garden Party and Fête was a rousing success. The weather was beautiful, the food and beverages were plentiful, and there were lots of activities for people to enjoy. Here are some photos from the activities on the lawn in front of the church, plus a few shots of entries in the Flower Arranging competition.
Return to top